Tricia Jenson, OT
Provider Type: Lead Occupational Therapist
Location: Hurst, Coppell
I’m Tricia Jenson, OT and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2017 as the Lead Occupational Therapist. I graduated from Texas Woman’s University and prior to Monkey Mouths I worked as a pediatric Occupational Therapist in a home health setting for 19 years. My years of experience working with children of all ages and diagnoses have made me a well-rounded therapist with an extensive knowledge base.
I provide independent evaluation and treatment of my patients with varying diagnoses to include: Chromosome Disorders (Down Syndrome, Edward's Syndrome, Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome) Autism Spectrum Disorders, Apraxia, Cerebral Palsy, Brachial Plexus Injury, Muscular Dystrophy, Sensory Processing Disorders, Sensory Integration Dysfunction, Developmental Delays, Visual Motor and Visual Perpetual Delays, Reflex Integration and Handwriting Dysfunction.
I have a passion for working with children and have dedicated my years of being in this profession to helping children and families that have had a disruption in their life. You will be greeted with a fun and loving therapist that desires to see your child reach their greatest potential - I will settle for nothing less!
As an OT for over 21 years, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Brain Gym
- DIR 101 Introduction to DIRFloortime
- Perceptual Function of the Hand
- Sensory Processing Disorders - Reflex and postural Integration for OT
- Motor Coordination Disorders -impact on education
- Is it Sensory or Behavior? Practical tools to address sensory and behavioral issues
- How to integrate smart technology into social needs therapy and education
- Behavior interventions for toddlers, children and adolescents
- Sensory Tool Kit
- Loops and groups handwriting workshop