Kim Dillon, M.A., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: Speech-Language Pathologist, Monkey U Co-founder
I’m Kim Dillon, M.A., CCC-SLP and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2014 as a speech language pathologist. In addition to my SLP duties, I am Co-Creator and facilitator of the Fort Worth Monkey U Preschool Prep Program along with Nikki Rustad, M.A., CCC-SLP. I attended Texas A&M University for undergrad and the University of North Texas for graduate school. Before joining the Monkey Mouths team, I worked in public schools where I evaluated and treated children ages 3-18 with speech and language disorders. I also created and monitored Individualized Education Plans for each student and served on an interdisciplinary Autism assessment team, evaluating and providing recommendations for students.
I have a passion for giving children a means to communicate. I enjoy creating a plan that is meaningful and specific for each child using the different skills and knowledge I’ve received over the years.
My husband, Levi and I have 3 sons and a daughter and in my free time I enjoy exercising, reading, swimming, and spending time with my family.
As an SLP with over 15 years of experience, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Applied Behavioral Analysis from Trainer of Trainers instructed by Desiree Kesting-Noack, BS Ed., BCABA, Central Texas Autism Center
- PROMPT/Advanced PROMPT Bridging
- Kaufman Apraxia System
- Sound Card System
- Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS)
- Sensory-Motor Feeding by Lori Overland, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)