Rebecca Lamke Sas, M.S., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: AAC Specialist, Speech-Language Pathologist
Location: Hurst, Fort Worth
I’m Rebecca Lamke Sas, M.S., CCC-SLP and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2010. I earned my B.S. and M.S. at the University of Central Oklahoma.
Prior to joining the Monkey Mouths team, I worked at the Oklahoma Assistive Technology Center as a SLP and Augmentative/Alternative Communication (AAC) specialist. In this position I provided evaluations, classroom consultations, training programs, and information on Assistive Technology (AT) to Oklahoma Public Schools, administrators, educators, service providers, and parents. I also worked in the public school setting as a speech therapist where I served students age 3-21 and provided evaluations and interventions for articulation, fluency, voice, and language disorders. I’ve served as a member of the school district’s AT team providing evaluations, interventions, and consultations to students, staff, paraprofessionals, and therapists related to AT/AAC. I also have experience working in a hearing-impaired pre-school and helping families incorporate the use of signs with infants and children.
I am a member of the ASHA Special Interest Group 12 — Augmentative and Alternative Communication and I have presented the following continuing education courses:
- Assessment and Intervention using Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Incorporating Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) into School, Home, and Community Settings
I believe in a child-centered team approach to speech and language therapy using positive feedback while focusing on functional outcomes.
I’m married to Ed and in my spare time I enjoy being involved in my church and getting creative with the help of Pinterest.
As an SLP with over 17 years of experience, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Sound Card System
- Total Communication (TC)
- Social Stories
- Applied Behavior Analysis with Vincent Carbone, PhD, ABA
- SETT Framework with Joy Zabala, Ed.D
- Every Move Counts, Clicks and Chats program from Jane Korsten, M.S., CCC-SLP
- PROMPT Therapy/Advanced PROMPT Bridging
- Kaufman Apraxia System
- Talk Tools Oral Placement Therapy
- Sensory-Motor Feeding with Lori Overland, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Vocal Cord Dysfunction (VCD)
- Social Thinking with Michelle Garcia Winner M.S., CCC-SLP
- S.O.S. Feeding Therapy
- CAN-EAT with Krisi Brackett
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Positive Behavior Management
- Dynavox/Mayer Johnson/LAMP/Prentke Romich Company/Assistiveware
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) Level 1 and 2
- Sara R. Johnson M.S., CCC-SLP
- American Sign Language (ASL) and Signed Exact English-II (SEE-2)
- Essential For Living by Patrick McGreevy, PH.D., BCBA-D & Christina Martin, M.S., CCC-SLP, BCBA, LBA