Alexandra Torget, M.Ed., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: Speech-Language Pathologist, Coppell Assistant Clinical Director
I’m Alexandra Torget M.Ed., CCC-SLP and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2010 and I am the Coppell Assistant Clinical Director. I graduated from the University of Virginia and began my career at Children’s Hospital of Richmond, Virginia where I provided medically based diagnostic and treatment services to an outpatient pediatric population. I also worked in an adult long-term acute care hospital and have been able to apply my adult neurological experience to the pediatric population.
I enjoy working with children with fluency disorders and I have been able to utilize much of my training in working with children who have motor planning disorders as well as those with low muscle tone.
I believe successful therapy is achieved by working closely with the patient, their families and other professionals, as well as having an element of fun and laughter during therapy. I live in Denton with my husband and two children.
As an SLP with over 13 years of experience, I have training and specialization in the following:
- PROMPT Therapy/Advanced PROMPT Bridging
- Sound Card System
- Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing/ Edith Strand PhD, CCC-SLP
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS) Advanced Training Workshop with Dr. Edythe Strand
- CAN-EAT with Krisi Brackett
- Deborah Beckman, M.S., CCC-SLP Oral-Motor Therapy
- Sensory-Motor Feeding by Lori Overland, M.S., CCC-SLP
- S.O.S. Feeding Therapy
- Talk Tools Oral-Motor Placement Therapy
- Vital Stim Therapy
- Preschool Fluency Training by Nina Reardon-Reeves M.S., CCC-SLP