Christin Gagnon, M.A., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: Speech-Language Pathologist
I’m Christin Gagnon, M.A., CCC-SLP and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2020 as a speech-language pathologist. I earned my undergraduate and Master’s degrees from University of Northern Iowa. Prior to Monkey Mouths I worked in pediatric hospital, home health and subacute rehabilitation settings as well as a residential facility for brain injuries.
I have been a clinician for over 28 years and feel that you are most successful in and out of the treatment room if you are having fun. We went to school and have done countless hours of continuing education to learn our “craft”. No one really talks about having fun and enjoying your patients. Kids are hilarious, smart and intuitive. Don’t take yourself too seriously and when something goes wrong, or your plan does not work just smile and try again. It will happen often, no matter how much experience you have. Embrace the moment and enjoy!
In my spare time I love watching my kids play softball/baseball and being their biggest fans in whatever they pursue.
As an SLP with over 28 years of experience, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Sound Card System
- Kaufman Apraxia System
- Talk Tools Oral-Motor Placement Therapy
- Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing/Edyth Strand PhD, CCC-SLP
- Hodson Approach to Phonological Disorders
- Vital Stim Therapy
- Sensory-Motor Feeding by Lori Overland, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Deborah Beckman M.S., CCC-SLP Oral-Motor Therapy
- Jeri Logemann PhD, CCC-SLP - Dysphagia
- The Hanen Program It Takes Two to Talk
- Sign Language
- Visualizing and Verbalizing with Lindamood Bell
- Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS)
- Guardian Way NMES