Kaja Carpenter, M.A., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: Speech-Language Pathologist
I’m Kaja Carpenter, M.A., CCC-SLP and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2020 as a speech-language pathologist. I earned my undergraduate degree from Texas Christian University and my master’s degree from Our Lady of the Lake University. Prior to Monkey Mouths, I worked in hospital, home health, private practice, skilled long-term nursing facility, rehabilitation hospital and school settings.
I believe therapy should be fun, specialized and engaging to meet the level of the child and facilitate their success while implementing a family-centered approach.
I think it’s important to be flexible when working with families to adapt approaches while considering cultural diversity and family dynamics to create the best home carry over plan.
In my free time I love beach vacations, going to the lake, shopping, spending time with family and volunteering with church activities.
As an SLP since 2007, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Sound Card System
- Kaufman Apraxia System
- Talk Tools Oral-Motor Placement Therapy
- Vital Stim
- Sensory-Motor Feeding by Lori Overland, M.S., CCC-SLP
- S.O.S. Feeding Therapy
- Deborah Beckman M.S., CCC-SLP Oral-Motor Therapy
- Jeri Logemann PhD, CCC-SLP - Dysphagia
- Applied Behavior Analysis with Vincent Carbone, PhD, ABA
- Preschool Fluency Training
- LSVT Global for Adults
- Is it Sensory or Behavior? Practical tools to address sensory and behavioral issues