Daniela Centeno, M.S., CCC-SLP, C/NDT
Provider Type: Bilingual Speech-Language Pathologist (Portuguese/Spanish), Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist, D/HH Team Member
I’m Daniela Centeno, M.S., CCC-SLP, C/NDT and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2020 as a bilingual speech-language pathologist. I earned my undergraduate degree from the University of Campinas (PUCCAMP) – Brazil and my master’s degree from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. Prior to Monkey Mouths, I worked in a pediatric hospital, home health, private practice, and school settings. I also have experience assisting with and translating various feeding and swallowing courses.
I love what I do and I believe we can, in our profession enhance people’s lives! I love studying, learning, observing, and sharing knowledge and experiences. I speak Portuguese, English, Spanish and some Italian!
"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~ Winnie the Pooh
In my free time I enjoy dancing, movies, volunteering, musicals, watching my daughters play, spending time with my husband and my family, karaoke, and having coffee with friends!
As an SLP since 1988, (in Brazil and the United States), I have training and specialization in the following:
- Sound Card System
- NDT Techniques
- PROMPT Therapy
- PROMPT Therapy/Advanced PROMPT Bridging
- Talk Tools Oral-Motor Placement Therapy
- Simon Says: Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy (OMT)
- Vital Stim
- Rona Alexander PhD, CCC-SLP--Dysphagia
- SOS Approach to Feeding
- Natural Language Acquisition (Level 3)
- Monkey Mouths Deaf and Hard of Hearing (D/HH) Team
- ASHA Award for Continuing Education (ACE) recipient
- Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing/Edyth Strand PhD, CCC-SLP