Emily Roy, M.S., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: Speech-Language Pathologist, Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist
I’m Emily Roy, M.S., CCC-SLP and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2021. I earned my undergraduate degree from Texas Christian University and my master’s degree from the University of Texas at Dallas. Prior to Monkey Mouths, I worked in pediatric hospitals, schools, and university clinic settings.
As a high school student, I shadowed a speech therapist and immediately fell in love with this profession! I have thoroughly enjoyed completing my Master’s degree and have grown so much as a clinician. I strive to build a strong and trusting relationship with my patients and their families and to create a positive environment to help communication flourish.
In my spare time I enjoy doing yoga, cooking, reading, and spending time outside.
As an SLP since 2021, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Sound Card System
- PROMPT Therapy
- Kaufman Apraxia System
- Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing by Edythe Strand, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
- Sensory-Motor Feeding by Lori Overland M.S., CCC-SLP
- Tongue thrust protocol by Mary Brezik M.S., CCC-SLP/OMT
- Talk Tools Oral-Motor Placement Therapy
- Simon Says: Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy (OMT)
- Monkey Mouths Deaf and Hard of Hearing (D/HH) Team Language Acquisition Through Motor Planning (LAMP} AAC Training by John D. Halloran, M.S., CCC-SLP Language Acquisition Through Motor Planning (LAMP} Moving Forward with LAMP Training by John D. Halloran, M.S., CCC-SLP