Tracy Vega, OTR
Provider Type: Occupational Therapist, Frisco Clinical Director
I’m Tracy Vega, OTR/L MSOT and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2021 as an occupational therapist and I am the Frisco Clinical Director. I earned my undergraduate and Master’s degrees from Florida International University. Prior to Monkey Mouths I worked in pediatric hospital, home health, private practice, outpatient hospital, telehealth and school settings.
Children have the innate nature to learn, love and live life selflessly. As an occupational therapist, my goal is to assist all children in living a life to their greatest potential. I am dedicated to this profession with love in my heart and gentle kindness through my treatment techniques. I believe therapy should be fun and creative for the child and family. I want your child to know they have a friend in me!
In my spare time I enjoy baking, crafting and empowering other moms.
As an OTR/L with over 12 years of experience, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Handwriting Without Tears
- NDT Techniques
- Infant Positioning and Handling
- Pediatric Orthopedic Dysfunction
- Therasuit Method with Universal Exercise Unit (UEU)
- Pediatric Feeding Disorders
- Plagiocephaly/Torticollis Connection
- Sensory Processing Disorders - Reflex and postural Integration for OT
- Motor Coordination Disorders -impact on education
- Is it Sensory or Behavior? Practical tools to address sensory and behavioral issues
- How to integrate smart technology into social needs therapy and education
- Behavior interventions for toddlers, children and adolescents
- Kinesiology Taping Certified for Pediatrics
- Kinesiology Taping for respiratory, oral motor and speech related issues
- Integrating NDI, SI and Motor Learning
- Ultrasound and electrical stim certified
- Social Media Dangers and Opportunities
- Prism glasses for double vision trained