Janita Gilliam, M.S., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: Speech-Language Pathologist, Frisco Assistant Clinical Director
I’m Janita Gilliam, M.S., CCC-SLP and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2021 as a speech-language pathologist and I am the Frisco Assistant Clinical Director. I earned my undergraduate degree from Alabama A&M University and my Master’s degree from the University of Arkansas. Prior to Monkey Mouths I worked in home health, private practice and school settings as well as Early Childhood Intervention (ECI).
I believe in implementing a child-centered therapy approach while also incorporating a parent-coaching model. Therapy should be the one place where a parent feels comfortable releasing their control during play and the child feels comfortable leading the caregiver into their world of play.
I strongly believe consistency continues the race, stagnation ends it. “Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.” ~ Mark Twain
In my spare time I enjoy traveling, exercising, trying new restaurants and spending family time with my husband and daughter.
As an SLP with over 10 years of experience, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Sound Card System
- Sensory-Motor Feeding by Lori Overland, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Deborah Beckman, M.S., CCC-SLP Oral-Motor Therapy
- Marsha Dunn Klein Med, OTR
- Catherine Shaker M.S., CCC-SLP
- The Hanen Program It Takes Two to Talk
- Comprehensive Augmentative Communication Evaluations for Low-Tech and High-Tech Communication Devices
- TBRI (Trust-based Relational Intervention) – Caregiver Training by Karyn Purvis