Jessie Barr, M.A., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: Speech-Language Pathologist
I’m Jessie Barr, M.A., CCC-SLP and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2021 as a speech-language pathologist. I earned my undergraduate degree from the University of Oklahoma and my master’s degree from University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. Prior to Monkey Mouths, I worked in early childhood and elementary school settings.
I approach each therapy session I have with my patients with three goals in mind: meet the child where they are, do my best to leave them better than I found them that day and be their biggest cheerleader. Child and parent education and empowerment is my favorite part of this job. As a team, we will create a plan that is specific, meaningful and motivational to your child, celebrating every victory along the way!
When I'm not working, I love spending time with my family and friends, traveling, cooking/baking, and reading.
As an SLP since 2018, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Sound Card System
- Preschool Fluency Training by Nina Reardon-Reeves M.S., CCC-SLP
- Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS)
- Comprehensive Augmentative Communication Evaluations for Low-Tech and High-Tech Communication Devices
- PROMPT Training
- LAMP Training
- Kaufman Speech to Language Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Lori Overland Feeding: Sensory-Motor Approach