Alena Samuels, OTR
Provider Type: Occupational Therapist, Pelvic Floor Therapy
I'm Alena Samuels, OTR, and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2021 as an occupational therapist. I earned my undergraduate degree from George Mason University and my Master of Occupational Therapy degree from Texas Woman’s University. Prior to Monkey Mouths, I worked in pediatric hospital, home health and private practice settings.
As a therapist, I strive to build strong relationships with my patients and their families to build trust, empathy and confidence when working on goals that affect important aspects of life.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, crafting, traveling and exploring new restaurants.
As an experienced professional since 2018, I have training and specialization in the following:
- DIR 101 Introduction To DIR Floortime
- Sensory Processing Disorders - Reflex and postural Integration for OT
- Is it Sensory or Behavior? Practical tools to address sensory and behavioral issues
- Behavior interventions for toddlers, children and adolescents
- CAN-EAT with Krisi Brackett
- Pediatric Kinesiotaping
- Pelvic Floor Therapy
- Visual Perception and Childhood Occupations
- Handwriting Without Tears
- MNRI® Dynamic & Postural Reflex Pattern Integration
- Evidenced-Based Strategies for Infant Positioning and Handling
- Effective Early Intervention