Vy Phan, M.S., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: Bilingual Speech-Language Pathologist (Vietnamese), D/HH Team Member, Hurst Assistant Clinical Director
I’m Vy Phan, M.S., CCC-SLP; I joined Monkey Mouths in 2021 as a speech-language pathologist and I am an Assistant Clinical Director in the Hurst clinic. I earned my undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt University and my master’s degree from the University of Texas at Dallas. Prior to Monkey Mouths, I worked in school and pediatric hospital settings.
I believe therapy should be fun, meaningful, and functional. Parents are an important part of our team and together we can give their child the skills to communicate, connect and create strong relationships with those around them.
In my spare time I enjoy baking, hiking, running a picnic & events business, traveling and trying new restaurants.
As an SLP since 2019 , I have training and specialization in the following:
- Sound Card System
- Hodson Approach to Phonological Disorders
- The Hanen Program It Takes Two to Talk
- Sign Language
- Preschool Fluency Training by Nina Reardon-Reeves M.S., CCC-SLP
- Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS)
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) – Low tech & high tech
- Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing with Joan Arverdson Ph,D, CCC-SLP, BC-NCD, BRS-S, ASHA Fellow
- ASD Play Project – Sheryl Rosin, Ph.D, CCC-SLP
- Simon Says OMT Training
- Pediatric Feeding by Jennifer Meyer, M.A. CCC-SLP
- Monkey Mouths Deaf and Hard of Hearing (D/HH) Team
- Special Considerations in Listening and Spoken Language Intervention
- Language Acquisition Through Motor Planning (LAMP} AAC Training by John D. Halloran, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Language Acquisition Through Motor Planning (LAMP} Moving Forward with LAMP Training by John D. Halloran, M.S., CCC-SLP