DeAnn Place, M.S., CCC-SLP, MBA-HM
Provider Type: Speech-Language Pathologist, Coppell Clinical Director
I’m K. DeAnn Place, M.S., CCC-SLP, MBA-HM and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2021 as a speech-language pathologist. I earned my undergraduate degree from the University of Texas at Dallas and my master's degree from the University of North Texas. I also have an MBA in Healthcare Management from Western Governors University. Prior to Monkey Mouths, I worked in private practice, school and home health settings, as well as in Early Childhood Intervention.
I love helping a child find his/her voice! It is my desire to give families the tools they need to help their child communicate successfully. To be successful with speech therapy, the speech-language pathologist (SLP) and the family must be a team with the same goals in mind.
In my spare time I enjoy reading (love cozy mysteries), spending time with my crazy cockapoo – Carson, and spending time with my husband and stepson.
As an SLP with over 16 years of experience, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Sound Card System
- Kaufman Apraxia System
- Talk Tools Oral-Motor Placement Therapy
- Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing/Edythe Strand PhD, CCC-SLP
- Vital Stim
- Sensory-Motor Feeding by Lori Overland, M.S., CCC-SLP)
- CAN-EAT with Krisi Brackett
- Deborah Beckman MS, CCC-SLP Oral-Motor Therapy
- Simon Says: Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy (OMT)
- Comprehensive Augmentative Communication Evaluations for Low-Tech and High-Tech Communication Devices