Anneke Gentry, M.A., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: Speech-Language Pathologist
I’m Anneke Gentry, M.A., CCC-SLP, and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2021 as a speech-language pathologist. I earned my undergraduate degree from the University of Houston and my master's degree from the University of Colorado - Boulder. Prior to Monkey Mouths, I worked in private practice, school, home health, inpatient and outpatient hospitals settings, as well as in intellectual and/or developmental disability (IDD) residential settings.
I have always had an interest in language and communication and obtained a Bachelor of Arts in French with minors in English and Italian. I pursued speech therapy to serve those who may struggle to communicate. I strive for functional outcomes in therapy to best serve my clients in their daily lives, whatever that might be.
In my spare time I enjoy knitting, sewing, reading, yoga, time with family, indoor plants and volunteer work.
As an SLP with over 24 years of experience, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Sound Card System
- Talk Tools Oral-Motor Placement Therapy
- Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing/Edythe Strand PhD, CCC-SLP
- Vital Stim
- Sensory-Motor Feeding by Lori Overland
- Sequential Oral Sensory Feeding Program
- Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
- Jeri Logemann PhD, CCC-SLP -- Dysphasia
- The Hanen Program It Takes Two to Talk
- LSVT Global for Adults
- Laryngeal videostroboscopy
- Sheldon-Rush Coaching Model
- MBS Studies
- Trauma-Informed Care