Rhonda Wilson, M.S., CCC-SLP, CLC, ASDCS
Provider Type: Speech Language Pathologist, Hurst Assistant Clinical Director
I’m Rhonda Wilson, M.S., CCC-SLP, CLC, ASDCS and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2021 and I am the Hurst Assistant Clinical Director. I earned my undergraduate degree from Hardin Simmons University and my master's degree from the University of North Texas. Prior to Monkey Mouths, I worked in home health, Early Childhood Intervention and a charter school.
I believe there is no “one size fits all” approach to therapy. Therapy should be fun and focused on the needs of the child and family. I use total communication to help kids find their voice. I enjoy working closely with parents and other professionals to help children carry over the progress learned to their home environment.
I enjoy spending time with my husband and two children. I love baking, cake decorating and paper crafting.
As an SLP with over 10 years of experience, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Talk Tools Oral-Motor Placement Therapy
- Hodson Approach to Phonological Disorders
- Motor Speech Disorders with Edythe Strand
- Apraxia with Margaret A. Fis
- A muscle-based approach to apraxia of speech with Renee Roy Hill, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech with Carri Ebert, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech with Jennie Bjorem, M.A., CCC-SLP
- Vital Stim
- Sensory-Motor Feeding by Lori Overland, M.S., CCC-SLP)
- Sequential Oral Sensory Feeding Program
- Jennifer Meyer, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Melanie Potock, M.A., CCC-SLP
- Ellyn Satter, M.S., MSSW
- Certified Lactation Counselor
- infant feeding and breastfeeding
- Early Start Denver Model
- Certified Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinical Specialist
- Sign Language
- Literacy Speaks
- Comprehensive Augmentative Communication Evaluations for Low-Tech and High-Tech Communication Devices
- Functional Assessment of Tethered Oral Tissues (TOTS) by Lori Overland, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Tethered Oral Tissues (TOTS) by Martin Kaplan D.M.D.