Tasha Rudel-Barton, M.S., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: Speech-Language Pathologist
I’m Tasha Rudel-Barton, M.S., CCC-SLP and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2021 as a speech-language pathologist. I earned my undergraduate degree from Baylor University and my Master’s degree in Communication Science and Disorders from Texas Woman’s University. I also have a Master’s in Gerontology from the University of North Texas. Prior to Monkey Mouths, I worked in the schools.
” Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.” This quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson is something I apply in my therapy approach. Therapy should be fun – lots of play and laughter to accomplish our goals. Honesty, with patients and families, is an unwavering standard of care. And kindness – well, who doesn’t appreciate that!!
In my spare time I enjoy crafting, playing with my puppies (two American hairless terriers named Trudy and Franklin), cooking, and being with my family at our ranch.
As an SLP with over 16 years of experience, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Sound Card System
- Hodson Approach to Phonological Disorders
- Social Thinking with Michelle Garcia Winner, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Preschool Fluency Training by Nina Reardon-Reeves M.S., CCC-SLP
- Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS)
- Pragmatic Organization Dynamic Display (PODD) Books
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) – Low tech & high tech communication devices