Tasha Rudel-Barton, M.S., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: Speech-Language Pathologist
I’m Tasha Rudel-Barton, M.S., CCC-SLP and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2021, as a speech-language pathologist. I earned my undergraduate degree from Baylor University and my master’s degree in Communication Science and Disorders from Texas Woman’s University. I also have a master’s in Gerontology from the University of North Texas. Prior to Monkey Mouths, I worked in schools.
"Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.” This quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson is something I apply in my therapy approach. Therapy should be fun – lots of play and laughter to accomplish our goals. Honesty, with patients and families, is an unwavering standard of care. And kindness – well, who doesn’t appreciate that!!
In my spare time I enjoy crafting, playing with my puppies (two American hairless terriers named Trudy and Franklin), cooking, and being with my family at our ranch.
As an SLP since 2003, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Sound Card System
- Hodson Approach to Phonological Disorders
- Social Thinking with Michelle Garcia Winner, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Preschool Fluency Training by Nina Reardon-Reeves M.S., CCC-SLP
- Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS)
- Pragmatic Organization Dynamic Display (PODD) Books
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) – Low tech & high tech communication devices
- Kaufman Apraxia System
- Sensory-Motor Feeding by Lori Overland MS-CCC
- Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy (OMT) Specialty Training by Mary Brezik, M.S., CCC-SLP/OMT