Aimee Lawrence, OT
Provider Type: Occupational Therapist
I’m Aimee Lawrence, OTR, and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2022 as an occupational therapist. I earned my bachelor’s degree from Texas Tech University and my master's degree from Texas Tech University Health Science Center. I did my fieldwork in pediatric outpatient facilities.
Children have always had a special place in my heart, and it is a dream come true to serve children and their families. I believe all children are unique and have their own special abilities. As an occupational therapist, I love being an advocate for children and contributing to their success to gain independence in various occupations. I strive to be a lifelong learner and embody a client-centered, fun and welcoming personality to children and their families.
In my free time, you can find me spending time with my two dogs, surfing and boating at the lake, baking, cooking, traveling, watching sports, and spending time with friends and family.
As an OT, I have experience, training and specialization in the following:
- MNRI® Dynamic & Postural Reflex Pattern Integration
- Evidence-Based Strategies for Infant Positioning and Handling
- A Brain-Based Approach to Linking Motor Development and Sensory Integration
- Practical and Complementary Interventions for Autism, Asperger's, Sensory & ADHD in Children & Adolescents
- Oppositional, Uncooperative and Aggressive Behavior
- Effective Early Intervention
- Differentiating Sensory from Behavior
- Assessment and Intervention Strategies Using The DIR/Floortime Approach