Nickie Daraphone, M.S., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: Speech-Language Pathologist
I’m Nickie Daraphone, M.S., CCC-SLP, and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2022 as a speech-language pathologist. I earned my undergraduate and master’s degrees from West Texas A&M University. Prior to Monkey Mouths, I worked in a pediatric hospital, ECI, home health, private practice, and schools.
I believe therapy should be fun, engaging, and flexible. It’s important to meet the child at his or her comfort level to build trust. I aim to provide practical strategies and interventions that a parent or caregiver may continue at home so the child can meet their full potential.
In my spare time I enjoy reading, going to museums, and watching musicals. A fun fact about me is that I have twin girls!
As an SLP with 12 years of experience, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Kaufman Apraxia System
- Marsha Dunn Klein Med, OTR
- Catherine Shaker, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Social Thinking with Michelle Garcia Winner M.S., CCC-SLP
- The SCERTS Model with Barry Prizant
- The Hanen Program More than Words
- The Hanen Program It Takes Two to Talk
- PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System)
- LAMP: Language Acquisition through Motor Planning