Kari Paul, M.S., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: Speech-Language Pathologist, Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist
I’m Kari Paul, M.S., CCC-SLP and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2022 as a speech-language pathologist. I earned my undergraduate degree from Georgia State University and my master’s degree from the University of North Texas. Prior to Monkey Mouths I worked in home health and pediatric hospital settings.
My style of therapy focuses on utilizing the whole family to facilitate language growth and/or successful mealtimes in the child's natural learning environment. Parents, grandparents, and siblings are an essential part of the treatment team.
In my spare time I enjoy sewing, dancing, crafting, cave exploration, and spending time with my family.
As an SLP since 2016, I have training and specialization in the following:
- Vital Stim
- Myofacial Release for Dysphagia and Voice
- DIR 101 Introduction to Floortime
- Kinesiotaping for Dysphagia Management
- Simon Says: Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy
- Responsive Feeding (Melanie Potock)
- Pediatric Videofluoroscopic Studies (Catherine Shaker, MS/CCC-SLP, BCS-S)
- Pediatric Feeding & Swallowing (Catherine Shaker, MS/CCC-SLP, BCS-S)
- Anxious Eaters/Anxious Mealtimes (Marsha Dunn Klein)
- STEPS+ (Supportive Treatment of Eating in Preschoolers)
- Sensory-Motor Feeding (Lori Overland, M.S., CCC-SLP)
- VPI (Dr. Ann Kummer)
- Gestalt Language Processing
- Responsive Feeding Therapy with Jenny McGlothlin MS, CCC-SLP
- Sound Card System