Lauren Smith, OTR
Provider Type: Occupational Therapist
I’m Lauren Smith, OTR and I joined Monkey Mouths in 2022, as an occupational therapist. I earned my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University and my Master’s degree from Texas Woman’s University. Prior to Monkey Mouths I worked in a private pediatric practice setting.
I believe that positivity and a unique approach for each child are essential for therapy. It is in my heart to provide services that help children and their families feel empowered!
In my spare time I enjoy crafting, playing board games, playing with my two dogs, and spending time with my husband, family, and friends.
As an OTR since 2020, I have training and specialization in the following:
- DIR 101 Introduction to DIR Floortime
- Differentiating Sensory from Behavior
- Practical and Complementary Interventions for Autism, Asperger's, Sensory and ADHD in Children and Adolescents
- Oppositional, Uncooperative, and Aggressive Behavior
- A Brain-Based Approach to Lining Motor Development and Sensory Integration
- Effective Early Intervention
- Evidenced-Based Strategies for Infant Positioning and Handling
- Language Acquisition Through Motor Planning (LAMP} AAC Training by John D. Halloran, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Language Acquisition Through Motor Planning (LAMP} Moving Forward with LAMP Training by John D. Halloran, M.S., CCC-SLP