Valerie Greene, M. Ed., CCC-SLP
Provider Type: Speech-Language Pathologist, Frisco Clinical Director
I'm Valerie Greene, M. Ed., CCC-SLP and Clinical Director at the Frisco location of Monkey Mouths. I earned my undergraduate and master's degrees from the University of Central Oklahoma. Prior to joining the Monkey Mouths team, I worked in a variety of therapy settings: early childhood education, NICU, public schools, and home health. Most recently, I served in a leadership role for a company that provides clinic and home services.
During my more than 20 years of experience, I have provided therapeutic services to a variety of pediatric patients with medically complex diagnosis/medical conditions, as well as children with mild to severe neurological conditions.
My passion is connecting with patients and families, while fostering progress and growth in their development. This growth can include meeting milestones in the area of speech and language or in feeding.
In my free time I enjoy home decorating, cooking, traveling and spending time with my family. I am married with three teenagers and we live in Allen with our two mini dachshunds.
As an SLP since 2011, I have training and specialization in the following:
- The Hanen Program It Takes Two to Talk
- The Hanen Program More Than Words
- Low Tech: Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS)
- Deborah Beckman, M.S., CCC-SLP Oral-Motor Therapy
- Vital Stim (NMES)
- Jeri Logemann Ph.D., CCC-SLP
- Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing with Joan Arverdson Ph.D., CCC-SLP, BC-NCD, BRS-S, ASHA Fellow
- Feeding Therapy- It's Not Just Aout Swallowing- Melanie Potock, M.A., CCC-SLP
- NICU Swallowing and Feeding- Catherine Shaker, M.S., CCC-SLP
- Sign Language- SEE (Signing Exact English)
- Sound Card System
- Simon Says: Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy (OMT)